Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lost

I walked out of the grocery store yesterday and stood there completely confused. Should I turn left or right? I had no earthly idea where I had parked my car.

And then it hit me. This was the first time in 6 weeks I had been to the store without Sasha, and he is the one I've relied on to find my way. My breathing became shallow and tears streamed down my face as I wandered aimlessly around trying to distinguish my black SUV from the 50 others parked there, realizing that the parking lot isn't the only place I've grown to rely on him for direction this summer.

All 3 of the kids have led me, perhaps more than I've led them. And I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye. But August 14 is upon us. This morning there is packing to do and last minute conversations to have, so I must tend to that. When we return home from bidding them farewell in Dallas tomorrow, I will sleep, process, and when I have the words, I will write. For now, here is a peek into the summer that changed our lives forever.

Collins Family Ukrainian Summer of 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment